March 29, 2012 | Not yet a subscriber to Smart Networking Success? Sign up here
Even though I grew up in California, one thing I’ve come to love about living on the East Coast for almost 20 years is watching the trees start to bloom. It seems to happen overnight and then suddenly Spring is here! Are you starting to see results blossom from the marketing and networking strategies you’ve put in place these past few months? Or are you still in deep winter?
One of the things I do to nurture my network — and be able to harvest more opportunities in the future — is to be a connector. While that word means different things to different people, I’ve found a definition and an approach that really resonates with me.
Scroll down to the feature article to find out more, and let me know your thoughts too. I’d love to hear from you!
Oh, and one more thing…registration is now open for our next Smart Networking Shift call on April 18th with Kristen Beireis. We’ve had amazing feedback since we launched this series in January and I hope you’ll join us! Details below…
To your success!
Join me on the next SMART NETWORKING SHIFT with trust building marketing expert Kristen Beireis! You’ve heard it before…people do business with those they know, like and trust. You know this and believe it, but did you know, that without even realizing, you could you be making simple, every day mistakes in your marketing and your networking that kill that all important trust factor? Expert Kristen Beireis understands the power of living authentically and getting your message out in the world in a way that will attract the right customers and repel the wrong ones. Register for the call here and feel free to invite friends and colleagues too. All are welcome!
We all know that getting the attention of target prospects is the key to turning them into paying clients. But how do you say what you do in such a way that not only gets people’s attention but also WOWS them so they remember you and want to buy from you, rather than your competitor? Ann Convery is an international speaker, author and trainer who shows business owners how to capture more clients in the first five minutes of conversation. Ann was my guest on the March Smart Networking Shift call and she was FANTASTIC! She gave the BEST explanation I’ve ever heard about how to talk about what you do so people will respond. I really encourage you to listen to this call right away! Click here to get the replay (limited time only).
2) Informal meetings. A great technique I heard from a friend is to plan a monthly breakfast or lunch with a colleague or two, and each one brings another person along to introduce to the group. It’s a fun, low-key way to connect who you know with people they should know and to expand your own network as well.
3) Large events. Ten years ago, a friend and I joined forces and partnered with a local professional association to start a networking group specifically for independent consultants. Hosting monthly events with guest speakers helped me bring folks together in a structured way to learn, to meet each other and to support our businesses. While the group no longer exists, the relationships we’ve made are still there.
4) Connector’s choice. Find something you enjoy doing and be a connector around that. Like to read? Start a business book club in person or virtually. Love art? Organize regular visits to local museums or galleries and spread the word through your email list. Or use Meetup.com to connect with people who share the same interest. I love to learn and interview people about what they do, so one of my favorite ways to be a connector is to host free calls with the people in my network. Every month in the Smart Networking Shift series, I get a chance to connect an expert in my network to an audience who’s hungry for their information. It’s so much fun for me, it hardly feels like work!
What are YOUR favorite ways to be a connector in your networking circle? Post them on my Facebook wall, I’d love to hear your ideas!
© 2012, Liz Lynch International LLC
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER, BLOG OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: ”Liz Lynch, author of Smart Networking: Attract a Following In Person and Online, works with accomplished business professionals who have great expertise but struggle to be seen and heard in a crowded marketplace. To learn how to connect with the right people and attract the opportunities you deserve, visit www.LizLynchOnline.com.”
Get instant access to 600+ downloadable internet marketing and social media products for FREE. The Ultimate Social Media Giveaway is live for a couple more weeks! Don’t miss your chance to get a collection of bestselling products from social media and internet marketing experts worldwide at NO cost to you. It doesn’t matter if you use social media for business or purely for fun — there’s something here for everyone. Check out the giveaway here.
Would $5k additional revenue, month in and month out be meaningful to you? E-learning Passive Profits is designed to give entrepreneurs, coaches, consultants, authors and speakers a solid step-by-step toolkit and roadmap to creating and marketing e-learning offerings and generate additional revenue each month. Nancy’s programs are top-notch and although the program has already started, you can still jump in! Click here for more info.
Are you looking for an engaging speaker for your company or organization who can share practical strategies on leveraging social media, building strategic partnerships, and growing your firm or practice through the power of relationships? I love to share insights and new approaches and my talks are ALWAYS content-packed. Sample topics include:
1) Lead Generation Leverage: 3 Keys to Getting Maximum Clients with Minimum Effort
2) Rainmaker Networking for Professional Services: Expanding Revenues By Expanding Relationships Inside & Outside the Firm
3) The Visible Leader: Multiple Your Impact & Influence through Branding and Relationships
Let’s schedule a conversation! You can contact me here.
Background and Bio: Liz Lynch is a top business development expert, networking strategist, speaker and coach. She’s the author of Smart Networking: Attract a Following In Person & Online, and has appeared on CNN, ABC News, Fox Business News, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, CNBC.com and BusinessWeek.com. Liz received an M.B.A. from Stanford University and honed her business savvy during her corporate career at prominent firms such as Goldman Sachs, Booz & Company, Time Warner, and Disney.
Copyright© 2011-2012, Liz Lynch International LLC, All Rights Reserved